A COMPANY ROOTED IN THE HEART OF SAN FRANCISCO
New Hong Kong Noodle Co., Inc. is a privately and family owned business that has been running its operation in the San Francisco area since 1977. The New Hong Kong Noodle brand has been around in the Northern California for over 40 years and is trusted for ensuring great taste and quality in all the pasta products we manufacture. Through the hard work and years of creative enhancements we have made in our products, we are proud to characterize ourselves in manufacturing authentic and quality pasta goods.
New Hong Kong Noodle Co. legacy was solely created by England K. Lum in 1977. From the main streets of Broadway in the heart of Chinatown, England had the dream to establish a business where people in the United States can experience the oriental flavors of Asian pasta. It became evident that back in the 1970’s, Asian style pasta skins that were heavily influenced in Hong Kong and China had not existed here in the Western Region of the United States. Through dedication and hard work, England soon enough opened up his first store as well as the manufacturing facility in Chinatown. With the increase in business and product demand, England knew the business has out grown the tiny store front on Broadway. Within the next year, England decided to move his business to Pacific Avenue which was only two blocks from Broadway. For the next 10 years, Pacific Avenue location became the sole store front and manufacturing facility for the New Hong Kong Noodle brand.
In 1984 spurred the expansion of New Hong Kong Noodle to establish a manufacturing facility in South San Francisco. With the limited space for expansion in Chinatown, it was evident that a separate manufacturing facility was appropriate. With the increased growth and demand for our products over the years, we have relocated our sales and production facility to South San Francisco. South San Francisco became the manufacturing facility for all the pasta products New Hong Kong Noodle manufacturers.
Today, we have expanded our business into not only partnering with supermarkets, food service companies throughout the Bay Area and out of state distribution companies, but with other food companies to establish a partnership in private labeling.
Our business model is based on the principles of diversity, integrity, consistency and a well-balanced work ethic. We at New Hong Kong Noodle strive to emphasis the importance of teamwork and individual creativity among all of our employees.
- San Jose
1710 Tully Road
San Jose, CA 95122 (408) 238-4451
1838 N. Milpitas Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035 (408) 946-0888
46881 Warm Springs Blvd.
Fremont, CA 94539 (510) 659-8899
- San Jose
471 Saratoga Ave.
San Jose, CA 95129 (408) 554-9398
39055 Cedar Blvd. Suite#168
Newark, CA 94560 (510) 742-8179
777 East Capital Ave.
Milpitas, CA 95035 (408) 942-1777
- San Francisco
707-719 Clement St.
San Francisco, CA 94118 (415) 221-9826
- Cupertino Store
10983 North Wolfe Road
Cupertino, CA 95014 (408) 532-8899
- Daly City Store 250 Skyline Plaza Daly City, CA 94015 (650) 992-8899
- Foster City Store
1070 Foster City Boulevard
Foster City, CA 94404 (650) 358-8999
- Fremont Store
34444 Fremont Boulevard
Fremont, CA 94555 (510) 791-8899
- Dublin 7333 Regional Street Dublin, CA 94568
- Milpitas Store
338 Barber Lane
Milpitas, CA 95035 (408) 946-8899
- Newark Store
35219 Newark Boulevard
Newark, CA 94560 (510) 792-1899
- Richmond Store
3288 Pierce Street
Richmond, CA 94804 (510) 769-8899
- San Jose Store
1688 Hostetter Road #E
San Jose, CA 95131 (408) 436-8899
Bay Area Distributors
- A.S.A. Trading Co.
1788 Fairway Dr.
San Leandro, CA 94577 (510) 614-1800
- CM Co.
1273 Industrial Parkway W. Suite #350
Hayward, CA 94544 (510) 889-0868
- Berry Co.
1200 Industrial Road.#10
San Carlos, CA 94070 (650) 595-4877
- Sysco Food
7062 Pacific Ave.
Pleasant Grove, CA 95668 (916) 569-7000
- Wang Globalnet
2992 Alvarado St. #M
San Leandro, CA 94577 (510) 357-1200
- Your Food Co.
27279 Industrial Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545 (510) 783-9023
- Richmond Wholesale
2920 Regatta Boulevard
Richmond, CA 94804 (292) 094-8045
520 Brennan St. San Jose,
CA 95131 (408) 432-0107
- North American Trading Co.
1309 Bayshore Hwy
San Jose, CA 95112
- Sunnyvale Trading Co.
6821 B Central Ave.
Newark, CA 94560 (510) 713-0145
- U.S. Foodservice
300 Lawrence Drive
Livermore, CA 94550 (925) 606-1921
- Goldberry Co.
1693 Sabre St.
Hayward, CA 94545 (510) 300-1588
- Loon Hing Co.
3838 – 49th Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95823 (916) 393-3773
- US Food Service www.usfoodservice.com (877) 583-9659
Out of State Distributors
- Asia World Food Wholesale
3575 South 1950 West
West Valley, Utah 84119 (801) 532-1085
- Chin’s Import & Export
Chin’s Import & Export
6870 N. Fathom St. Suite A
Swan Island Industrial Ctr.
Portland, OR 97217
www.chinsimport.com (503) 224-4082
- Sysco Asian Food
1300 L’ Orient St.
St. Paul, MN 55117 (651) 558-2400
- Tim’s Seafood Market
7015 Bandera #8
San Antonio, TX 78238 (512) 523-1688
- United Noodle
201 Royalston Ave. N.
Minneapolis, MN 55405 (612) 721-1688
- Wing On Trading
2841 West Parkway Blvd.
Salt Lake City, UT 84119 (801) 972-5116
- Yee Chong Hon Co
P.O. Box 21090
Reno, NV 89515 (775) 331-1821
HOW TO SHOP LIKE A LOCAL IN CHINATOWN
1. Jump for Soy: Called doufu in Chinese, soybean curd denies its hippie reputation in the context of an Asian market. Soft tofu is best used in soups, while firm is better for stir-fries. Fong Kee Tofu ($1 per pack) is made in SF. At Lien Hing, 1108 Stockton St., 415-397-2668.
2. A Cut Above: The Wok Shop is packed to the brim with all sorts of kitchen goodies, such as these intricate vegetable and fruit cutters ($10–$13 each) that turn everything from carrots to daikon into art. At The Wok Shop, 718 Grant Ave., 415-989-3797, wokshop.com.
3. Water Babies: Fresh water chestnuts ($1/lb) reveal a crisp, white flesh that’s slightly sweet. Stir-fry with shrimp and garlic chives. At Little Paradise, 1101 Stockton St, 415-986-0680. These colorful bamboo bowls ($8 each) are noodle-ready. At Canton Bazaar, 616 Grant Ave., 415-362-5750.
4. The Root of It: Lotus root ($1.50/lb) is sold whole, in big sausage like links, but once sliced, it has a lacy appearance and starchy texture, perfect for deep frying until golden brown and sprinkling with salt. Serve with a cold Tsing Tao. At Lien Hing, 1108 Stockton St., 415-397-2668.
5. It Takes Two: For the discreet culinary traveler, these bamboo travel chopsticks ($5/pair) decorated with dragonflies unscrew in the middle, making them half the size and small enough to fit into a clutch. At The Wok Shop, 718 Grant Ave., 415-989-3797, wokshop.com.
6. Long and Lean: These fresh noodles are straight from South San Francisco where the longtime New Hong Kong Noodle Company is based. They’re sold all over Chinatown in different widths, both egg- and wheat-based. At Lien Hing, 1108 Stockton St., 415-397-2668. Credit: 7x7 San Francisco Magazine